NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: November 7, 2022
The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research (CGA) in Germany is a joint venture of the University of Cologne Excellence Cluster on Stress Responses in Aging-Associated Diseases (CECAD), the University Hospital Cologne, the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing and the Max Planck Institute for Metabolism Research. Cologne has emerged as a leading global research cluster with a stellar constellation of institutes and scientists dedicated to ageing research in Life Sciences. We offer up to
12 fully funded PhD positions
to highly motivated and talented researchers. The structured Ph.D. training programme within a cutting-edge research environment will start on an individual basis between July 1 and October 1, 2023. The initial contract is limited to three years. Payment is based on the German TV-L E13 scale, 65% if terms and conditions under collective bargaining law are fulfilled or on an equivalently remunerated Ph.D. support contract of the Max Planck Society.
- An outstanding international research environment at on of the most prestigious ageing research clusters in Europe
- Excellent infrastructure for training and research by internationally recognized scientists in facilities with state-of-the-art technologies
- Ph.D. projects that can be carried out in up to 49 participating research groups of the above mentioned institute
- An interdisciplinary and structured Ph.D. programme in the vibrant city of Cologne, Germany, completely conducted in English
- An individual career mentoring programme, extensive methods courses and soft skill workshops
- Intensive support and guidance for international students in all administrative matters
We are looking for
- Highly qualified and motivated students holding a M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Biology, Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Genetics, Medical Biology, Translational Medicine or a related field
- Students who have already proven their motivation, interest and qualification for the above-mentioned research areas by achieving very good grades in their B.Sc. and M.Sc. studies
- Candidates with very good English skills (C1 level, written and spoken)
The associated institutes are committed to diversity, diversity of perspectives and equal opportunity. Applications from people with a disability and their peers are especially welcome, people with a disability are preferred if equally qualified. Furthermore, we seek to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.