No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
Full benefit details
Australian / domestic student
$5,000 – $20,000
Applicable study areas
Computing and Information; Engineering
Number of scholarships awarded
What are the benefits?
The Melbourne School of Engineering Scholarships are paid in half-yearly instalments for the normal, full-time duration of the recipient’s course for a maximum of two years.
Accepting your scholarship
• If the scholarship is not accepted by the lapse date in your scholarship offer letter it will be offered to another student
• You may accept this scholarship separately to your course offer – you do not need to have accepted your course offer to accept the scholarship
• You may hold this scholarship with other scholarships offered by the Melbourne School of Engineering, the University of Melbourne or external funding bodies, including government scholarships
• The scholarship is not transferable to other courses at the University of Melbourne
• Recipients are expected to pass all subjects and achieve at least a 65% average
• Recipients who fail to meet the 65% minimum WAM will be notified by the Scholarships Officer and have their scholarship cancelled
• Payments are made after the University census date of each semester
• Funds will be paid directly into your bank account. Ensure that your banking details on the Student
Portal are correct
• Recipients will still receive scholarship payments while on an exchange or study abroad program
• Scholarship payments to fulltime students are considered tax exempt. If you are enrolled part-time, we will not withhold income tax from your scholarship payments. However, you should declare your payments as assessable income in your tax return or seek independent tax advice to ensure that your individual circumstances are covered. For more information, see:
o Australian Taxation Office: Is my scholarship taxable? o Tax Help program
Please note: You will not receive a PAYG Payment Summary or Group Certificate if we are not withholding income tax from your scholarship payments.
• Domestic students must be enrolled in at least 25 points of credit per semester to receive scholarship payments; international students must meet the enrolment conditions of their student visa
• Both the Melbourne School of Engineering Scholarship and the Melbourne School of Engineering Foundation Scholarship offers can be deferred for up to one academic year, provided you have accepted the scholarship offer before the lapse date
• The JH Mirams Memorial Scholarship cannot be deferred.