Shandong University-China Construction Eighth Engineering Division Scholarship”is set up by the First Company of China Construction Eighth Engineering Division, which is used to support the international students, especially the students from the countries of “One Belt One Road”, to study the two-year master’s program of “International Project Management” (teaching in English) in Shandong University.
1.What is the program about?
The programme is aimed to train a batch of senior project management personnels who are familiar and identify with Chinese culture, equipped with the ability of undertaking international project management work, and meet the practical needs of the company and localization. In order to build an international brand in the field of project management education, the school of management in Shandong University employs a lot of famous experts from Britain, Australia, Italy, South Africa, etc., and integrates the excellent educational resources in and around the school, to attract the international students to come to Shandong University. Major courses include: Engineering Economics, Introduction to Project Management, Project Planning and Control, Project Procurement & Project Governance, Project Risk Management, Project Feasibility Study and Post-Evaluation, Project Human Resource and Communication, Project Investment and Financing Management, Essentials of PMBOK Framework, etc. More detailed information about the program can be seen in the following website:
2. Application Eligibility
(1) Applicants must be Non-Chinese citizens in good health, at the age of 18 or above, and possess a valid and private passport.
(2) Applicants must have bachelor’s degree or above.
(3) Applicants from Indonesia and Korea are more preferred.
3. Admission Date
Every September (the specific date is subject to Admission Notice)
Application deadline: June 20th each year
4. Application Method
(1) Applicants should make online application on the online application system for international students of shandong university, filling the application form and uploading all the required documents.
Online application system for international students: 10.5pt;”>http://www.apply.sdu.edu.cn
Major to Apply: please choose “school of management–master–teaching in English–project management”
(2) Hard copy of application documents (in duplicate)
The postal address is :
C301, Mingde Building, Shandong University, 27 Shanda Nanlu, Jinan, P. R. China
Post code: 250100 Tel: +86-(0)531-88364854
5. Application Documents (in duplicate)
(1)Application Form for CCEED Scholarship
(2)Photocopy of a valid passport
(3)Notarized highest diploma; Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
(4)Academic transcripts; Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
(5)Two Recommendation Letters. Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by associate professor or above.
(6)A personal statement written in Chinese or English; This should be a minimum of 800 words, including learning and working experiences, application reason and study plan.
(7)Photocopy of language (English) proficiency certificates.
English native speakers do not need to provide the certificate.
English non-native speakers should provide the certificate of TOEFL (80 or above) or IELTS (6.0 or above) test score, or other certificates with the same level.
HSK certificate (If available)
Applicants whose highest education is taught in English can provide certificate of teaching language.
6. Places of Scholarship
It is planned to support 6 international students
7. Scholarship Coverage
The China Construction Eighth Engineering Division would provide the tuition fee.
8. Scholarship Selection
(1) A Scholarship Review Committee for International Project Management would be established in Shandong University, together with the First Company of China Construction Eighth Engineering Division to select all the application documents. Academic achievements, academic ability, scientific achievements of the applicants and advices from supervisors would be taken into consideration.
(2) It is estimated that the International Office will announce the admission list on the website and send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China to the awardees before July 15 every year.
(3) Students must go through the Annual Review of the school. The scholarship will be terminated if the student fail in Annual Review.