The VU COVID-19 International Scholarship recognises the challenges that COVID-19 is presenting to international students who wish to begin their undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) studies in Semester 2, 2020 or Trimester 3, 2020.
How to apply: No application is required. Students are automatically assessed after submitting their application for an eligible qualification.
Value (2020 commencement): Up to A$6,000 for the first two study periods.
Upon the successful completion of two semesters, students will be assessed for the VU International Excellence Scholarship, which is valued at $1,500 per semester for the remainder of their studies. The total value of the combined scholarships is up to $15,000 for a four-year undergraduate degree.
Eligibility (2020 commencement): All students commencing an undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) course with VU Melbourne in Semester 2, 2020 or Trimester 3, 2020 are eligible. This includes international students already in Australia, international students currently in other countries, international students at VU-partnered universities and students on a pathway from one VU course to another VU course. Higher education diploma or VET students are not eligible for this scholarship.
Terms and conditions:
- Students must pay the 50% deposit to accept their offer. The VU COVID-19 International Scholarship will be applied to the tuition fee balance, which is due by the course census date.
- Undergraduate students must enrol in 48 credit points each semester unless unit availability does not allow them to do so.
- Postgraduate (coursework) students enrolling in a reduced study load will be eligible to receive a reduced amount, based on the number of units taken (pro-rata).
- Undergraduate students choosing to reduce their study load are not eligible.
- The VU COVID-19 International Scholarship is not refundable, convertible to cash, or transferable to another individual, commencing study period, or course.
- Students who have received a scholarship or sponsorship from another organisation are not eligible for this scholarship.
*Disclaimer: VU COVID-19 International Scholarship information is accurate as of June 2020. Victoria University reserves the right to adjust eligibility requirements and conditions at any time. The eligibility entry requirements can only be applied after it has been established the applicant holds a qualification deemed equivalent to the academic requirement for Australian applicants and the minimum course prerequisites have been met. Qualification recognition and ranking is specified by the Australian Government’s Department for Education.