The application period for all eight higher education institutions is from 1 June until 31 July 2021.
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (known as Public Policy and Good Governance) supports future leaders from developing countries (see list of countries), who want to promote democracy and social justice in their home countries. The programme, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, offers the chance to acquire a Master’s degree in Master programmes of particular relevance for the social, political and economic development in the students’ countries of origin. In the light of the principles of Good Governance, highly qualified graduates with a first academic degree are being educated in political science, law, economics and administration and prepared for future leading positions in their home countries.
What is funded?
- Scholarships (of currently € 861 per month) for master ́s de- gree courses at German higher education institutions.
- Academic education in the courses of study selected by the DAAD that are listed below, will take place from September/October 2022. The courses of study have an international focus and are of- fered in German and/or English.
- Health insurance cover in Germany
- Appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the developing countries in question and Germany
- A study and research grant
- Rent subsidies and family supplements, as applicable