This fellowships scheme aims at encouraging and assisting full-time students in pursuing postgraduate studies by research.
For the 2020/21 academic year, each successful candidate will receive a one-off grant of HK$50,000. They will not be required to relinquish scholarships, fellowships or bursaries concurrently held by them. Neither will the value of the fellowship be reduced in such circumstances.
- have the right of abode or the right to land in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong) or are permitted to stay in Hong Kong without restriction;
- have resided in Hong Kong for at least three years;
- be registered full-time postgraduate research students undertaking University Grants Committee-funded or publicly-funded courses at one of the institutions listed below:
- City University of Hong Kong;
- Hong Kong Baptist University;
- Lingnan University;
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong;
- The Education University of Hong Kong;
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University;
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology; and
- The University of Hong Kong;
- be registered for a master degree or a doctorate degree on / after specified dates;
- be nominated by the heads of institutions; and
- not be engaged in full-time employment.
Heads of institutions will be invited to make nominations in September each year. Candidates will be invited to attend an interview normally in December. Candidates who have not heard from the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund Council by the end of December should consider themselves not being selected.
The results of the awards will be announced in around February / March. The nominating institutions will be notified of the results.
Fellowship monies will be remitted to the relevant institutions, which will be requested to make disbursement to the award recipients.
Certificates will be presented to the award recipients at the Awards Presentation Ceremony scheduled for March / April.