NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: October 29, 2022
The Study UK Alumni Awards (The “Alumni Awards”) are operated by or on behalf of the British Council to recognise and honour the outstanding achievements made by alumni who have studied at, or for a qualification awarded by, a listed or registered UK Higher Education Institution.
Alumni submit one application which will be considered for the Global Alumni Awards. If their current country of residence is one of the selected countries (see below) also hosting national level Alumni Awards, their application will also be considered for those awards in addition to the Global Awards. National level awards are run concurrently, but separate to, the Global Awards.
The 28 finalists for the global awards (four award categories x seven global regions) will be celebrated digitally via a campaign on Study UK social media. The four global award winners will also be celebrated digitally and will be awarded with return flights to the UK, to build their professional networks, raising their profiles and supporting their careers.
There are four award categories. These are:
- Science and Sustainability Award – Recognising alumni who have distinguished themselves through their career and achievements in the world of science and sustainability, and who can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession, and beyond.
- Culture and Creativity Award – Recognising alumni who have carved a career for themselves in arts and culture. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate their artistic ingenuity, influence and creativity.
- Social Action Award – Recognising alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others.
- Business and Innovation Award – Recognising alumni who are active in initiating or contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities, that have the potential for strong growth.
Finalists and winners will benefit from their global profile being made more visible through press and publicity opportunities via digital media campaigns, as well as professional development opportunities in selected countries, to be advised by each country participating at a national level.
Some countries hosting national level awards may also offer prize draws for nominators and members of the public via social media competitions to encourage nominations and applications. The details of these additional prize draws will be specified on those countries’ British Council country website Alumni Awards pages.
Four global winners will be invited to the UK to take part in a professional networking visit. Appropriate measures will be in place restricted to Covid-19 (such as a digital ceremony and/or in-country activities).
UK visa and entry clearance: your UK visa application will be processed through TLScontact Application Centre who have the discretion to decide whether to approve or reject your UK visa application. The British Council will provide you with the necessary supporting documents but cannot guarantee the outcome of your visa application.
The British Council does not provide travel insurance. Global winners should take out Personal Accident Travel insurance for their time overseas. This should include the following standard elements of cover:
- Medical costs for treatment in case of illness or accidental injury
- Benefits for permanent disabling injuries, e.g. rehabilitation and living costs
- Benefits for death and costs of repatriation
- Cover for loss or damage to your personal belongings
- Cover for cancelled flights, e.g. if the airline goes out of business or on strike
- Personal Liability cover. This provides legal support and covers financial costs if you cause injury or property damage to others and are found personally liable.
- 24hr emergency assistance helpline.
Many policies also have Legal Expenses cover, which is recommended in case the global winner needs legal assistance while overseas.
The global winner should remember to save the emergency contact number for their travel insurance to their mobile phone, keep a copy of the insurance policy in a safe place and give their insurance policy number and the emergency contact number to their next of kin.
(a) The British Council does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to the Participant for any death or personal injury caused by the British Council’s negligence, any fraudulent misrepresentation by the British Council, or any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
(b) Subject to paragraph (a), no liability is accepted by the British Council for:
- loss of or damage to property belonging to the global winner or anyone traveling with the global winner (for example, watches, jewelry, cameras or clothing); or
- losses or additional expenses incurred by the global winner due to delays or changes in travel services, sickness, weather, strikes, riots, war, quarantine or any other cause beyond the British Council’s reasonable control; or
- any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.