NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2022
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter – fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Take part in CERN’s Technical Student Programme!
If your university or institute requires or encourages you to acquire work experience through an internship, imagine doing this at CERN in Geneva. It’s more than work experience. In fact, it’s a student programme like nowhere else on Earth and an impressive addition to your CV!
If you are a student looking for practical training in domains related to Electrical or Electronics Engineering, you will have the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of technology, contribute and broaden your knowledge in areas as varied as high or low voltage electrical engineering, energy distribution, communication networks, computer systems, signal processing, microelectronics or radiofrequency to name a few.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- You have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master’s) at the time of the next student selection round taking place in October 2022.
- You remain registered as a full-time student during the internship.
You have a good knowledge of English or French.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- A contract of association from 4 to 12 months.
- An allowance of 3319 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A travel allowance.
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance).
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.