NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Microsoft Research provides a unique Microsoft Research Fellowship program 2022/23 for outstanding Ph.D. students who are conducting research in areas that align with Microsoft’s research interests. Microsoft Fellowships provide funding and mentorship by Microsoft researchers for up to two years of graduate study. Fellows also have the opportunity to intern at Microsoft during their fellowship. Each Microsoft Fellow receives a stipend as well as funding for tuition and other fees for up to two years of study. In addition, Fellows receive health insurance and travel support. The Microsoft Fellowship program is highly competitive, with only a few Fellowships awarded each year. Fellowships are awarded based on the strength of the student’s research proposal, academic record, and letters of recommendation.
The Microsoft fully-funded international fellowship is Microsoft’s most prestigious fellowship program for outstanding Ph.D. students. The fellowship program is designed to encourage and support the next generation of researchers who will help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. The program provides an opportunity for fellows to gain first-hand experience working at one of the world’s leading research labs, while also receiving mentorship and support from experienced researchers. In addition, fellowships offer unique networking opportunities and access to Microsoft’s extensive research resources. Fellowships are an excellent way to kick-start a career in research, and many past fellows have gone on to have successful careers in academia and industry.
This international research fellowship program strives to aid in fulfilling the mission of Microsoft, which is to empower every individual and every organization to achieve their goals. The members of the Fellowship need to work together to fulfill this mission and foster cultural diversity and inclusion within their communities. The Microsoft Research Ph.D. The Fellowship program has supported over 700 Ph.D. students around the world over the last two decades, many of whom have gone on to work at Microsoft. Some of them went on to perform pioneering research within the technology sector or become faculty members at some of the world’s most prestigious universities
- Host institutions: Universities in Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA).
- Fellowship Coverage: Fully Funded
- Who is Eligible? International Students
- Research areas include Cloud Infrastructure, Confidential Computing, Future of Work, Health Intelligence, and Machine Intelligence.
- A tuition waiver will be provided for the academic year 2023/2024.
- Stipends in cash will be provided. The amount of each stipend will vary depending on the region.
- This stipend may be used to cover living expenses, attend conferences, and conduct research.
- Fellowship participants will be given the opportunity to attend the Microsoft Research Asia Academic Conference.
- Applicants from any country may apply.
- All Ph.D. students must be able to complete their degree by the year 2024.
- To be eligible, students must be enrolled at a university in their specific region. All Applicants from the Asia Pacific region must be studying at a university in mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, or Taiwan. The same applies to applicants from other regions.
- Your research needs to be aligned with the research offered in your specific region.
- Nominations of Ph.D. students must be made by their respective institutions.
Note: The application requirements differ slightly among regions, so candidates must ensure they thoroughly understand the differences before submitting their application.