NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2022.
All international Ph.D. students are encouraged and welcome to apply!
Ph.D. Fellowship in Computer Science is open at the University of Stavanger from 2022-2023. Ph.D. Fellowship in Computer Science 2022-23 at the University of Stavanger is now available for international students if they know one or more programming languages and collaborative software development tools (e.g. C/C++, Python, git).
The University of Stavanger has officially announced the scholarships for the upcoming class. The University of Stavanger is considered to be one of the top institutions around the globe. The University of Stavanger was founded in 2005 and currently functions in Stavanger, Norway.
The University of Stavanger offers such scholarships yearly to welcome students to the campus. Ph.D. Fellowship in Computer Science 2022-23 will open the door to new and better opportunities for selected students and be exposed them to advanced learning in postgraduate programs.
University of Stavanger Norway Phd Fellowship in Computer Science 2022/2023 is available to undertake PhD level programs at University of Stavanger.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Computer Science
- a PhD education in a large, exciting and socially important organisation
- an ambitious work community which is developing rapidly. We strive to include employees at all levels in strategic decisions and promote an informal atmosphere with a flat organisational structure.
- colleague-based guidance programme (NyTi) if teaching is a part of your position
- salary in accordance with the State Salary Scale, l.pl 17.515, code 1017, NOK 491 200 gross per year with salary development according to seniority in the position. A higher salary may be considered in special cases. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which provides favourable insurance- and retirement benefits
- favourable membership terms at a gym and at the SIS sports club at campus
- employment with an Inclusive Workplace organisation which is committed to reducing sick leave, increasing the proportion of employees with reduced working capacity, and increasing the number of professionally active seniors
- “Hjem-jobb-hjem” discounted public transport to and from work
as an employee in Norway, you will have access to an optimal health service, as well as good pensions, generous maternity/paternity leave, and a competitive salary. Nursery places are guaranteed and reasonably priced
- relocation programme
- language courses: On this page you can see which language courses you may be entitled to (look up “language courses” under employment conditions)
We are looking for applicants with a strong academic background who have completed a five-year master degree (3+2) within a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, ICT, telecom, C-ITS, transportation) , preferably acquired recently; or possess corresponding qualifications that could provide a basis for successfully completing a doctorate.
You should also have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- one or more programming languages and collaborative software development tools (e.g. C/C++, Python, git)
- C-ITS and CCAM concepts, protocols, standards, and applications
- risk assessment and modelling, decision support system and vehicular networking
To be eligible for admission to the doctoral programmes at the University of Stavanger both the grade for your master’s thesis and the weighted average grade of your master’s degree must individually be equivalent to or better than a B grade. If you finish your education (masters degree) in the spring of 2022, you are also welcome to apply.