THE 8TH UN SECRETARY-GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP ON SDGS (SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS)
- For all masters’ programs: Nationals of Non-EU countries
- For all Executive masters’ programs: All nationals
- Students who have been engaged and committed to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and aim to further engage with and promote these goals during their studies.
- Available for freshers who are required to pay the current annual tuition fee.
- A one-off scholarship of up to 10,000 EUR to cover (part of) the current annual tuition fee.
- Scholarship amount will offset the corresponding amount of the tuition fees for the first academic year; it cannot be used to cover any other expenses like travel, accommodation, etc.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2022
• Submitted admission application to the respective MCI study program.
• A statement (approximately 500 words) that recounts the applicant’s current (or past) commitment to one or several SDGs including reference to concrete evidence / documentation.
• A motivation letter describing the applicant’s future goals supportin the SDG(s) and explaining how their studies at the MCI will help them achieve these aims. The motivation letter should also explain how applicants would benefit from the awarded scholarship (financial aspects).
• Language proficiency
• Passport copy**
SELECTION CRITERIA REGARDING THE SDGS
Applications will be selected based on the following criteria: Current (or past) commitment to the SDGs
• Degree and nature of engagement / commitment
• Evidence provided
• Impact achieved Future commitment to the SDGs
• Feasibility of the defined goals
• Match and congruence of applicant’s SDG focus and chosen MCI degree
• Potential impact of applicants´ goals
Applications will be evaluated in a two-stage process involving a pre-selection round and an interview with shortlisted candidates. The final decision is made based on the following weighting:
• 50% submitted documents
• 50% interview with the jury