In 2022, the Trust awarded 22 Scholarships at British and South African universities, by means of generous academic partnerships with leading institutions.
Beit Trust Scholarships are for Postgraduate degrees only. We do not provide scholarships for undergraduate work and our postgraduate focus is on Masters Degrees.
We do not offer scholarships for Ph.D. research ab initio. Only under exceptional circumstances, and for Beit scholars of outstanding merit, will the Trustees consider extending support to Ph.D. level.
The Trust does not consider applicants for MBAs.
The next round of Beit Scholarships to be awarded is for the academic year beginning September 2023 for universities in the UK; and January 2024 for universities in South Africa.
- By Act of Parliament, the Beit Trust supports ONLY students who are nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi, who hold permanent residence, live there and/or intend to return to their country after their studies.
- Applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December 2022. Relevant experience of work after completion of a first degree is strongly recommended and will count towards the award of a scholarship.
- Doctors and Vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2022. They should have completed 18 months of internship, and a one-year, preferably rural, posting in Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi.
- The Trust cannot consider applications from those who have already begun a course.
- The Trust will only consider applicants with First Class/Distinction or Upper Second Class degrees (or equivalent) at undergraduate level.