Sciences Po created the Émile Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. The Émile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions priorities of Sciences Po and individual course requirements.
The Émile Boutmy scholarship fund benefits from the generous support of its sponsors (benefactors, companies and foundations) who are eager to allow the most deserving international students to study at Sciences Po. Private sponsors can be in direct contact with scholarship holders during official organised events.
They support the Émile Boutmy excellence scholarship : BNP Paribas, Chalhoub Group, RATP Foundation, L’Oréal, Total.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be: first time applicants, from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union, and who have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme.
Students who are not eligible are:
- Swiss and Norwegian applicants, since they may be entitled to CROUS scholarships
- Candidates who have dual citizenship, including an EU citizenship
- Candidates from Quebec for master’s degree (since they may take advantage of sliding scale fees same as European applicants). Candidates from Quebec for a bachelor’s degree are eligible
- Master’s level dual-degree candidates. Only applicants for the following dual degrees are eligible:
- the dual degree in Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Fudan University with the concentration Europe-Asia in Global Affairs (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Peking University (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- Ph.D. programme students (thesis)
- Candidates for the 1 year Master’s programmes
- Bachelor dual degree candidates (unless as part of a specific agreement)
- Exchange students
- Candidates applying via the French graduate admission procedure
The Émile Boutmy scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships (Eiffel scholarship, AEFE scholarship, BGF…).
This scholarship is awarded based on merit and according to the type of profile sought for this programme. Social criteria may also be taken into account.