NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
|Summer (May)||January 31|
|Fall (September)||May 31|
|Winter (January)||September 30|
Douglas College is the largest public degree-granting college institution in British Columbia, Canada. Close to 17,000 credit students, 8,500 continuing education students and 4,210 international students are enrolled here. It offers nearly $100,000 in entrance scholarships to new international students each year who have proven to be successful in their previous academic studies.
They have two categories of entrance scholarships available for Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters at Douglas College:
Douglas International Education Regional Entrance Award: $1000 – 2000
- No separate application necessary. Students will automatically be assessed upon application to Douglas College, and will be notified of this award when we send an offer of admission.
- Available to students from: CIS countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan), Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, East Asia, Southeast Asia and South Asia (Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal).
- To be eligible, students must have applied to Douglas College by the official semester application deadline listed below.
- Successful recipients typically have an above average GPA (B equivalent or higher) and strong English language proficiency test scores (i.e. IELTS 7.0 and above, or equivalent).
Dr. Guangwei Ouyang International Education Entrance Scholarship: $2500
- Separate application required. Applicants must complete the entrance scholarship form (PDF) by the below deadline and email along with all supporting documents to Douglas International. To be considered, students must have already applied to Douglas College.
- Students are selected based on their previous academic performance and their engagement in their school, community and/or personal development.
- Students from all countries are eligible for these scholarships.
Continuing Student Awards and Scholarships:
In addition to entrance scholarships, Douglas College students may also qualify for continuing student awards based on their performance throughout the academic year.
Douglas College International Returning Student Scholarship
The International Education Returning Student Scholarship was created in 1995 by Douglas College International. The scholarship recognizes international students continuing their studies with Douglas College who have demonstrated academic excellence.
Enrollment & GPA Requirements
- Be an international student enrolled at Douglas College
- Be enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) credits within any academic program or Faculty
- Have completed at least 21 credits at Douglas College with a minimum GPA of 3.75
Students can receive this award a maximum of two times during their studies at Douglas College:
- Once they have completed a minimum of 21 credit hours, but less than 42 credit hours
- Once the student has completed a minimum of 42 credits
This scholarship is awarded once a semester.
There is no application for this scholarship, candidates are based on the above criteria and notified if they have been awarded a scholarship.
Continuing Student Global Citizenship Dean Awards:
The Global Citizenship Dean’s Awards recognize students from across Douglas College that embody global competencies in action. Award winners show commitment to global citizenship through their studies (course selection and experiences) and through their community engagement. Across contexts, they also demonstrate high levels of practical global competencies such as, perspective-taking, global self-awareness, critical thinking and intercultural communication skills.
Minimum requirements to apply:
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA at the time of application
- Must have completed 21 or more credits at Douglas College
- Must not have received the award before
Continuing Student International Outbpund Mobility Bursary:
Continuing international and domestic students may apply for additional funding to facilitate their participation in an approved international mobility program. To learn more about international exchange opportunities and available scholarships and awards, please contact Douglas College Global Engagement. For details on international exchanges.
This scholarship was created by Guangwei Ouyang, former VP, International Education & Strategic Partnerships, in 2017, to support the recruitment of international student athletes to Douglas College. The purpose of the fund is to cover the difference between International and Domestic student tuition fees. A maximum of 5 eligible recipients will be chosen each academic year to receive up to $7,000 towards their tuition. The scholarships will be split equally between the Fall & Winter semester.