NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2023.
The Adam Smith Fellowship is a co-sponsored program of the Mercatus Center and Liberty Fund, Inc. Adam Smith Fellowships are awarded to graduate students attending PhD programs at any university and in any discipline, including but not limited to economics, philosophy, political science, and sociology.
The aim of these fellowships is to introduce students to and encourage them to critically engage key thinkers in political economy that they might not otherwise encounter during their graduate studies. As such, Adam Smith Fellows spend three weekends during the academic year and one week during the summer participating in workshops and seminars on the Austrian, Virginia, and Bloomington schools of political economy. Fellows will join a network of Mercatus students, alumni, and scholars who are conducting and engaging with cutting edge research in contemporary political economy.
- Remain enrolled as a degree seeking doctoral student throughout their participation in the Adam Smith Fellowship Program
- Attend and actively participate in all aspects of the scheduled program of events (i.e. the three weekend and one weeklong colloquia) including meals and organized social activities
- Arrive on time and prepared for each colloquia session having carefully read the assigned reading in advance
- Complete a short evaluation survey following each colloquium
- Maintain an up to date record with the program of a valid postal address to which packages can be shipped
- Submit an updated curriculum vita on request, quarterly over the course of their participation in the program.
Mercatus Center Adam Smith Fellows are expected to:
- Coordinate their schedules to arrive in the area hosting the colloquium before 5pm each Thursday for the weekend colloquia, making arrangements with their home institution to cover any teaching assignments that might present scheduling conflicts with travel
- Coordinate their schedules to arrive in the DC metro area before 1pm on Monday for the weeklong colloquium, making arrangements with their home institution to cover any teaching assignments that might present scheduling conflicts with travel
- Observe conventional standards of professional conduct while in attendance at the facilities hosting the program
- Submit expense reimbursements within 15 days of the adjourning session of each colloquium
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and deadlines communicated by Mercatus Center staff related to their participation in the fellowship
Mercatus Center Adam Smith Fellows are encouraged to:
- Build relationships with Mercatus Center scholars
- Build relationships with other program participants
- Become engaged with professional organizations that support the schools of thought covered in the program, as appropriate
- The total award of up to $10,000 includes a stipend and travel and lodging to attend colloquia hosted by the Mercatus Center.
- Adam Smith Fellows are eligible to re-apply each year of their studies, and are also eligible to apply for conference and research support.