NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: January 30, 2023
The CIVICUS Youth Action Team is a group of voting members of CIVICUS, led by the youth and acting for the youth to be meaningfully represented and engaged in all of the alliance’s structures, governance, strategies, and activities. But it goes beyond.
The Youth Action Team perceives civic space as the final frontier and wants to make sure the youth have the tools to fully engage here. As a place for co-creation and designing innovative projects, the YAT sets its own agenda and work plan to make sure they develop projects in the areas that are currently more critical for young activists, social innovators and human right defenders.
- Be 30 years or under by 31st December 2022
- Be an active member of a civil society organisation (registered or not registered) that is advancing positive change in your community
- Be part of the leadership team of a social movement or network at the national or regional level
- Have support from your organisation to apply for this voluntary role
- 5. Be passionate and experienced in defending progressive social justice agendas at the local, regional, and international levels by mobilising people
- Have experience designing and facilitating virtual networking events that boost community building and knowledge exchange
- Be comfortable working in English and working with an international team based in different time zones
- Have access to the internet for at least 10 hours a month to dedicate to the CIVICUS Youth Action Team
- Can attend an annual in-person gathering of one week (if travel conditions allow it)
- Be from North, Central America or the Caribbean, the Middle East, North, West or Southern Africa, or Central Asia (other regions are represented by existing YAT members)
- Being recognized as part of an international community with some of the most inspiring young activists in the world.
- Have your work featured on CIVICUS platforms.
- Receive support from CIVICUS Youth team to develop your leadership skills and be ready to influence decision-making at global civil society networks.
- Improve the work you do in your local community through the incorporation of diverse global perspectives.
- Obtain access to different networks of support and organizations that can nurture your work.
- Develop ideas into projects that can have long-term positive effects in other young people.
- Attend the CIVICUS Youth Assembly.
- Be invited as a speaker in virtual global seminars and events related to civic space, democracy and human rights.
- Increase your team building skills and intercultural communication through a customized program.
- Achieving concrete results like the development of the ‘Resourcing Youth-led Groups’ playbook or the agendas of the CIVICUS Youth Assemblies. You define how far you want to go. The sky’s the limit.