NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
ETH4D provides grants for mentoring doctoral candidates from low- and lower-middle-income countries. The mentorship is a one-year appointment and comprises the following components:
- Mentorship from one ETH professor, senior scientist or postdoc over a period of one year of the mentee’s doctoral studies. We suggest monthly meetings and clearly defined goals of the project, e.g., presentation at a conference, joint publication. ETH mentors are free to serve on the doctoral committee of the ETH4D mentee, but this is not a requirement.
- Research stay at the mentor’s research group (ETH Zurich, Switzerland) for 1-3 months during the mentorship period.
- Financial support for attending a conference and/or research material
Eligible are doctoral candidates who are registered at a university or research institute in any country listed in the DAC-list of the OECD1 except from upper-middle-income countries.
The grant covers expenses up to a maximum of 15k CHF and includes the following:
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2 kCHF) to and from Switzerland for the research stay
- Visa fees
- Travel allowance to attend an academic conference
- Research material (e.g. lab equipment) (max 6 kCHF in total).
- Fees for health insurance
- Local transportation
- Living allowance for the duration of the research stay at ETH Zurich