NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: May 19, 2023
Apply for the 2023 Jamlab Accelerator Programme. Are you working on something that you think could reshape media or journalism in Africa? Do you have skills you could apply to creating great new media? Do you have the energy and commitment to create something great?
Apply to join the Jamlab Accelerator Programme (JAP) in sub-Saharan Africa, our six-month hothouse for journalism and media innovators. The programme offers a unique opportunity to fast-track your initiative, providing you with the tools, facilities, contacts, and support necessary to convert your ideas and ambitions into a commercially viable venture or product.
Twenty-nine (29) teams have taken part in six iterations of the programme, with six of them succeeding in securing additional investment immediately after the programme. The programme will run from June to November 2023.
- We are looking for committed and creative journalists and media makers who are passionate about fixing what isn’t working in sub-Saharan African media.
- We are looking for startups that want to create innovative products or services to serve new audiences or bring new conversations or ideas to the public.
- We welcome applications from ALL countries across Africa.
The six teams selected will receive the following:
- Virtual mentorship and coaching from experienced media, startup and tech experts and entrepreneurs.
- Free places on a three-month Media Entrepreneurship course offered by Wits Centre for Journalism.
- Access to a technical support development team.
- Opportunities to pitch to potential investors, funders, and various stakeholders with an MVP (minimum viable product).
- Access to a network which includes, but is not limited to, Programme Alumni.