NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
The University of Cape Town has partnered with The Mastercard Foundation in its Global Scholars’ Program; an educational initiative that will provide young people from economically disadvantaged backgrounds, with leadership potential from developing countries in Africa with access to quality university education. The scholarships ensure a premium educational package that will produce graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognized and locally applicable, and whose transition into the workforce is underpinned by values of engaged citizenship and social justice. The University of Cape Town invites applications for award of a limited number of scholarships for full-time study for a postgraduate Masters degree (Coursework And Research) in any discipline1. The scholarships will be granted on the basis of academic talent, financial need and leadership potential to students who intend to commence with their first year of registration for full-time postgraduate study, and who will register in 2023 at the University of Cape Town. No applications will be considered from applicants who have previously registered and graduated with a Masters qualification. A strong expectation of the Program is that successful applicants who are awarded the Scholarship return to their home countries to invest their gained skills and education in their country’s social and economic growth.
To be eligible for consideration for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cape
Town, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of an African country
- Be admitted to a postgraduate Masters programme (Coursework And Research) and preparing to
commence with their first year of registration in the Engineering and the Built Environment,
Commerce, Health Sciences, Humanities, Law, or Sciences faculties at UCT
- Be from an economically disadvantaged background, demonstrate financial need, and leadership
- Applicants who intend to register for a second Masters postgraduate degree at the same level are
ineligible to apply for this scholarship
- Applicants who have previously registered for Masters postgraduate degree at any higher
learning institution are ineligible to apply for this scholarship
- Applicants must have applied and received a firm offer to study at UCT (for the second semester of
the 2023 academic year)
- Applicants must come from an economically disadvantaged background
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential and must have acted in a leadership capacity
- Applicants must meet the set academic criteria (see no.3 below)
- No applications for Undergraduate, Honours, Postgradute Diploma, MBA and PhD studies will be
accepted or considered for the 2023 Scholar intake to the Program
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- A relevant and recognised education through academic curricula aimed at producing graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable.
- Academic and peer mentor support – to ensure that each Scholar successfully progresses academically.
- An array of cultural and transition support and training aimed at academic and professional enrichment and assisting in the challenges facing university going students.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.