NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: April 07, 2023
The Megatrends Afrika project is awarding three (3) fellowships to African researchers within the framework of its three core research themes: i) actors of violence and the changing nature of conflict, ii) the effects of megatrends on democratisation and autocratisation, and iii) global power shifts and multipolarity.
Fellowships will be granted for a period of up to three months between 15 May and 30 November 2023, full-time at one of the respective institutes in Berlin, Bonn or Kiel. Candidates will conduct a research project independently or, if suitable, in collaboration with project team members and colleagues – and contribute at least one paper to the project’s publication series.
We are in particular interested in research proposals on the following topics:
- Multidimensional crises: Consequences of multidimensional crisis (security, political order/regimes, food security, climate change) for social cohesion, resilience and gender dynamics, with a focus on the Sahel or the Lake Chad Basin
- The changing nature of armed conflict and intervention, including remote warfare and hybrid warfare and their implications for state legitimacy
- Demographic change: Effects of demographic change on political attitudes and participation; political attitudes and participation of young women
- Digital technologies: their impact on African politics, societies and economies (i.e., political influence, misinformation, mobile money, investments)
- Climate change: Africa’s role in international climate change negotiations or issues related to climate adaptation
- Energy transitions in Africa: African national and international interests and agendas.
- PhD in politics, economics, social sciences, geography, international relations, relevant regional sciences;
- originally from an African country;
- academic publications and a track record in research areas of relevance to the MTA project;
- experience in scientific policy advice is an advantage.
- Fellowships will be granted for a period of up to three (3) months between 15 May and 30 November 2023, full-time. For the duration of the fellowship, fellows are expected to reside in the city of the respective institute, i.e., in Berlin, Bonn or Kiel.
- Fellows will receive a monthly grant of € 2,800 as well as an economy fare return trip between the fellow’s place of residence and Germany. At IDOS, the honorarium will be calculated based on the IDOS fee schedule.
- Fellows are selected and placed according to the research agendas of the host institutes. Fellows who require a visa to enter Germany will be provided with a letter of support if invited.