NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: March 10, 2023.
KOICA Master and Doctoral Degree Scholarship Program 2023 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD, Masters level programme(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at South Korean Universities .
KOICA (Korea International Cooperation Agency) is offering fully funded scholarships for international students to pursue Masters and Doctoral degree programs in South Korea for the year 2023. The scholarship program is aimed at reducing poverty and promoting sustainable economic development in developing countries, as well as promoting cultural exchange and understanding between South Korea and other nations. This is an opportunity for international students who are looking to study in South Korea and gain a fully-funded Masters or Doctoral degree.
KOICA Master and Doctoral Degree Scholarship Program 2023 is available to undertake PhD, Masters level programs at South Korean Universities.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Fees including tuition, monthly allowance, airfare, accommodation, settlement allowance, scholarship completion grants, insurance and extra curricular activities.
International students from countries selected by KOICA among the DAC list of ODA recipients can apply for this scholarship
Prospective applicants must meet all of the following conditions.
(1) Citizenship: Be a citizen of the Scholarship Program target country.
(2) Government Nomination: Be officially nominated by their governments.
– (For master) Be a government employee. With a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of study
– (For PhD) Be a government employee. With a minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of study after graduation from KOICA master’s degree program
* Exception1 – Applicants with an ‘international NGO’ background may apply for the program with two letters of recommendations:
– Your government office; and
– Korean Embassy, world widely known NGO, UN-associated organizations, or the KOICA Organization within your region
(3) AGE: (Preferably) Be under age 40 as of February 1, 2023.
(4) Health: Be in good health, both physically and mentally.
– Those with disabilities, but in good mental and physical health, are eligible to apply.
– Those with severe illness are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
(5) Level of Education: Have completed a Bachelor Degree or an equivalent to college / university level Educational background.
* Some programs have specific qualifications in terms of level of education. Refer to Program
Information of each program.
(6) English Proficiency: Have a good command of both spoken and written English in order to take classes conducted entirely in English and to be able to write academic reports and thesis in English.
(7) Not be a person who has withdrawn from KOICA’s scholarship program.
* A person belonging to the institution in which candidates submitted false documents and returned to his / her country arbitrarily in the middle of SP program cannot apply.
(8) Have not participated in KOICA scholarship program or any of the Korean Government’s Scholarship Programs before.
* Doctorate Program applicants: recipients of a master’s degree scholarship from KOICA are still eligible to apply.
i.e. an applicant who holds a master’s degree through the KOICA SP may not apply for another KOICA master degree, but may apply for a KOICA doctorate degree.
(9) (Preferably) Be employed by your government during and after the program (be engaged in the expertized area of your study as an official servant of your government)
(10) and other qualifications from university you are going to apply (refer to the Program Information)