NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: There is no last date for application submission, as the call for this internship is continuously open. For updates, you may check the official website.
Are you seeking an internship abroad? If yes? And if you would like to avail it in Europe, then fasten your belts to submit the application for a brilliant opportunity waiting for you. KU Leuven is pleased to announce a wide range of research internships for international students (from chosen partner institutions) in all main domains of research. If interested, you may visit KU Leuven’s website and find your desired internships from the list and apply for Research Internships at KU Leuven in Belgium. But here, the one which is going to be discussed in this post is Architectural Robotics. Get ready now to apply for the same.
This is a short research internship available at the Department of Architecture at Leuven Campus, KU Leuven. The research to be done puts focuses on exploring the usage of robotics in the area of architecture. There are a minimum of three possible projects namely:
1) The usage of robotically moving room dividers so that the space can be altered dynamically.
2) The usage of robotic operations in order to digitally fabricate novel (new) types of material expression which are hard rather impossible to simulate in advance (beforehand) virtually.
3) The usage of a permanent robotic façade which plays notes of music (musical notes) in order to nudge passers-by to engage them with their surroundings.
As for this university named KU Leuven, it is among the best and well-known universities of Belgium. The research activities of the university are highly acknowledged in the world.
About Katholieke Universiteit (KU) Leuven, Belgium:
A Catholic research university, KU Leuven is located in Leuven, Belgium. The university conducts research, teaching, and services in the areas of engineering, computer science, theology, natural sciences, humanities, law, medicine, canon law, social sciences, and business.
Let’s now check out the eligibility standards for this internship in Belgium for international students. The research vacancies published on KU Leuven’s website are available and open to candidates who fall under the eligibility requirements (who meet the eligibility standards) mentioned:
- The applicant should possess high academic standing at the Undergraduate (Bachelor’s), Master’s (Graduate), or Doctoral (Ph.D.) level.
- The applicant’s home university should support this application.
- During the internship, the applicant (intern) should be registered as a student at one of the participating universities
- The applicant should be a student of a Bachelor’s (Undergraduate) program, a Master’s (Graduate) program, a Ph.D. program, or a postgraduate student.
- The applicant should also have a background in the areas of robotics, human-computer interaction (HCI), or architectural design.
- The applicant should possess a thorough interest in robotics.
- The applicant should also have an active knowledge of programming such as Java, and Python.
Timing and Duration of the Internship:
Once you are taken on board (selected), the timing of the internship will be discussed with you. As for the duration, it will be 4 to 8 weeks, 2 to 3 months or more, and 1 semester.