NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2022
UBC’s International Scholars have the potential to make a difference in the world. They are high academic achievers who have demonstrated exceptional extracurricular activities, show a desire to create global change, and they are dedicated to giving back to their schools and communities.
UBC’s International Scholars are part of the International Scholars Program, which offers the chance to:
Earn a globally recognized degree at a top university
A UBC degree opens doors and connects you to a vast alumni network across the globe.
Study with the brightest students in the world
You’ll join a community of engaged and supportive young leaders and study among the best and the brightest. You and your fellow Scholars will enrich UBC and the global community with your diverse perspectives, committed involvement, and innovative initiatives.
Take advantage of unique learning opportunities
You’ll have access to numerous opportunities inside and outside the classroom that will enrich your university experience:
- Community-based experiential learning projects can help you apply your academic interests to the needs and issues of the local or global community.
- Annual retreats will help you connect with your community while you plan for the year ahead and develop your leadership skills.
- An annual workshop series will provide leadership, community development, career preparation, and networking opportunities throughout your degree.
- Receptions and celebratory events are hosted throughout each year to recognize your achievements and connect you to the Scholars community on campus.
- Study-abroad exchange programs can take you to emerging countries where you’ll address local challenges in health, agriculture, social infrastructure, education, and sustainable development.
Access dedicated advising and support
You’ll be supported by a team of dedicated International Scholars Program advisors throughout your degree, plus a network of staff from across UBC’s faculties and services who will encourage your academic, personal, and career development.
About the International Scholars Program awards
Four prestigious need-and-merit-based awards are available through UBC’s International Scholars Program. UBC offers approximately 50 scholarships each year across all four awards. You won’t select which award you wish to receive when you submit your application – our team will automatically consider you for the awards that you are eligible for.
Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award
This award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, exceptional leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award
This award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under challenging circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without significant financial assistance.
International Impact Award
This award is offered to exceptional students who have expressed commitment to and solutions for social justice issues, climate change, equity and inclusion, societal health and wellness, and freedom of expression.
Vantage One Excellence Award
This award is offered by UBC Vantage College for academically outstanding international students who do not yet meet the English Language Admission Standard for direct admission to UBC . The awards range in value up to the full cost of a student’s academic program and living expenses.
Eligibility for the Program
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from your first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
- You must have graduated from high school no earlier than one year prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for 2023 must have graduated from high school no earlier than 2022.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree. (UBC automatically considers all international students for the merit-based International Major Entrance Scholarships and Outstanding International Student Awards scholarships, totalling a maximum value of $25,000 per year. If this amount does not cover your needs for tuition and basic living expenses, you are eligible to apply for the International Scholars Program.)
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
We will consider you for the Vantage One Excellence Award if:
- All previous eligibility criteria apply, except you must not yet meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard for direct admission to UBC.
- You must meet the UBC Vantage College admission requirements, including the English requirements for Vantage College.
- You must be coming directly from high school
- You must be beginning your undergraduate studies at UBC in the UBC Vantage One Program.