The deadline for applying is up to and including 1 February 2020.
The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of €29.000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM.
The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
Who is eligible?
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please click here for a full list of the Master’s programmes participating in this scholarship programme.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2020.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2020-2021 scholarship programme applicants.
Amount of the UM Holland-High Potential scholarship programme 2020-2021
|Living expenses||€ 12,350* (13 months) or € 23,750* (25 months)||Paid to students by the UM International Services Desk|
|Health & liability insurance||€ 700*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Visa application costs||€ 174||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Tuition fees||€ 13,800; € 15,500 or € 16,800 depending on the tuition of your study programme||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Pre-Academic Training costs||€ 695*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
*These amounts are subject to change for academic year 2020-2021
Step 1: The UM International Services Desk checks that all applications are complete after 1 February 2020.
Step 2: The UM International Services Desk sends all complete applications to each UM Faculty in February 2020.
Step 3: Each Faculty selects and ranks their top 5% of Scholarship applicants and sends these to the UM International Services Desk for a final check in March 2020.
Step 4: The UM International Services Desk confirms the Faculty selections by the end of March 2020.
Step 5: The UM International Services Desk will inform all candidates of their application status in April 2020. Your status will be selected, waitlisted or rejected by the beginning of May 2020 at the latest. Waitlisted application statuses will be changed to selected or rejected by May 2020. Scholarship awardees will receive more information about the UM Pre-Academic Training programme and arrival in Maastricht upon receiving their award letters. The UM Pre-Academic Training is a three-week mandatory component of the UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme. The Pre-Academic Training takes place in August 2020.
Step 6: You must sign and return the award letter to the UM International Services Desk to accept the Scholarship.
Visit Official Scholarship Website https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/support/your-studies-begin/coming-maastricht-university-abroad/scholarships/maastricht-university