DEADLINE: 15th August 2022
Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, established by COFAC – Cooperativa de Formação e Animação Cultural. CRL, calls for applications for 4 (four) national research grants and 1 (one) mixed research grant, hereinafter referred to respectively as National Doctoral Research Grant and Mixed Doctoral Research Grant, in the area of Media Arts and Communication Sciences under the FCT Research Grant Regulations (RBI) and the Research Grant Holder Statute (EBI). The grants will be funded by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) under the Collaboration Protocol for the Funding of Doctoral Research Fellowships within the European Universities Alliance for Film and Media Arts (FilmEU), signed between FCT and the Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias. The work to be carried out under the scope of the grants will be hosted by the R&D Unit – CICANT – Research Centre for Applied Communication, Culture and New Technologies (ref: 5260)
1. Ttype and number of grant(s) to be awarded: 5 (five) Research grants for PhD students, 4 (four) national and 1 (one) mixed, reference COFAC/ULHT/FilmEU-FCT/2022.
2. Scientific field(s): Media Arts and Communication Sciences
3. Funding Source: The grants related to the grant components are funded by FCT under the Collaboration Protocol for the Funding of PhD research grants under the European Universities Alliance for Film and Media Arts (FilmEU), signed between FCT and the Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, with funds from the State Budget and, when eligible, with funds from the European Social Fund, to be made available under the PORTUGAL2020, through, namely, the Regional Operational Program of the North (NORTE 2020), the Regional Operational Program of the Center (Centro 2020) and the Regional Operational Program of the Alentejo (Alentejo 2020), or others that may succeed them, in accordance with the regulations established for this purpose
4. Applicants: The PhD Research Grant is intended for candidates already enrolled or candidates who meet the necessary conditions to enroll in one of the following PhD Programs in Media Art and Communication and PhD in Communication Sciences, who intend to develop research activities, leading to the award of a PhD academic degree, in the scope with the scientific work developed at CICANT and FilmEU Alliance.
5. Eligibility of applicants: The following are eligible to apply to this call: National citizens or citizens of other European Union Member States; Citizens of third countries; Stateless persons; Citizens benefiting from political refugee status.
5.1 Candidate Admission Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of studies in communication sciences or arts;
- Master’s degree in the study area of communication sciences or arts;
- To live in Portugal permanently and habitually, a requirement applicable to both national and foreign citizens (applicable only to mixed type grants)
- Not to have benefited from a PhD or PhD in companies grant directly funded by FCT, regardless of its duration.
- Proficient knowledge of English (…)8. Duration of the grant(s):
The duration of the fellowships is, as a rule, annual, renewable up to a maximum of four years (48 months), and no fellowship may be granted for a period of less than 3 consecutive months. In the case of mixed grants, the period of the work plan taking place in a foreign institution may not exceed 24 months.