Ghent University, Belgium
Online application, hard copy application
- start the online application.
- After the two steps of the online application have been concluded, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to send in your application package (hard copy).
- The deadline is applicable to submitting your hard copy application. It is therefore not sufficient if you have started up the online application before the deadline.
Which deadline applies to me?
Central European University, Hungary
Application Deadlines 2020/21
January 30, 2020 (23:59, Central European Time)
Deadline for applicants to master’s programs who wish to be considered for CEU financial aid (if applicable). Scholarship application deadline for doctoral programs. All applications must be complete with relevant standard test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, etc.).
April 15, 2020 (23:59, Central European Time)
Application deadline for self-financing applicants who are citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA area. All applications must be complete with applicable standard test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, etc.).
August 14, 2020 (23:59, Central European Time)
Final application deadline for self-financing applicants from EU/EEA countries and those non-EU/EEA citizens who hold a valid permanent residency permit in an EU/EEA country. All applications must be complete with applicable standard test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, etc.). Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis (subject to spaces available).
University of Antwerp, Belgium
Deadlines for application 2020-2021
The deadlines to submit an online application are:
- 1 February 2020 if you are applying for a VLIR-UOS scholarship
- 1 April 2020 for self-sponsoring students who need a visa for Belgium
- 1 September 2020 for self-sponsoring students who don’t need a visa for Belgium
The following deadlines only apply to applicants who have been academically accepted. The deadlines for authenticated documents to reach the IOB registration office are:
- 10 May 2020 if you have been granted a VLIR-UOS scholarship
- 30 May 2020 if you are a student who needs a visa for Belgium
- 10 September 2020 if you are a self-sponsoring student who doesn’t need a visa for Belgium
Applicants can submit an enrolment request via Studielink (www.studielink.nl) as of 1 October. Subsequently you will receive an email with a link to the application form in the MyInfo portal. Candidates who submit their complete application via the MyInfo portal before 1 December will be considered for the Early Bird application round. Selected candidates are informed mid-January and invited to proceed to the essay round that takes place between 17 – 20 January. The Admissions Committee convenes by the end of January to select the candidates who are invited for the interview round. The interviews are scheduled between 3 – 16 February. The Committee comes together for their final Early Bird selection meeting by the end of February. During this meeting the final selection of prospective students will be made and the successful applicants are awarded a conditional offer.
Overview Early Bird admissions:
- 1 October – 1 December: submit application form (via MyInfo portal)
- 17 – 20 January: essay round
- 3 – 16 February: interview round
- Before 1 March the final results are communicated.
Applicants can submit their application until 1 March. Selected candidates are informed in the beginning of April and invited to proceed to the essay round that takes place between 2 – 5 April. The Admissions Committee convenes in mid-April to select the candidates who are invited for the interview round. The interviews are scheduled between 18 – 29 April. The Committee comes together for their final Regular selection meeting at the beginning of May. During this meeting the final selection of prospective students will be made and the successful applicants are awarded a conditional offer.
Overview Regular admissions:
- 1 December – 1 March: submit application form (via MyInfo portal)
- 2 – 5 April: essay round
- 18 – 29 April: interview round
- Before 10 May the final results are communicated.
Please note, decisions per selection round are always communicated via email. Make sure to keep a close eye on your email and spam filter.
Chances on being conditionally selected for enrolment are equal among the Early Bird and the Regular application. However, we recommend applying to the Early Bird round as this allows more time to finalize your enrolment and arrange practical matters, e.g. visa, housing, and insurance.
University of Helsinki, Finland
When to Apply for Studies
University of Helsinki offers undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies with teaching in English. Find out more about our Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral programmes and when to apply. More details on how to apply can be found behind the links. In addition to the degree programmes, we also offer other ways to complete university-level studies and courses.
Do you want to keep updated about the admissions at the University of Helsinki? Sign up for our Admissions Newsletter.
- You can apply to the International Master’s Programmes from 3 Dec 2019 at 8:00 UTC+2 to 10 Jan 2020 at 15:00 UTC+2 (for studies starting in autumn 2020).
- For the English-language Bachelor’s Programme in Science, the admission is based on the grades of the Finnish matriculation examination, RP- or DIA-examination administered in Finland, or IB- or EB-examination. If you do not have any of the mentioned degrees, your admission is based on SAT subject test results in mathematics 2 and either physics or chemistry. The applicants in the admission group 1 (SAT subject tests) can apply from 3 Dec 2019 at 8:00 UTC+2 to 10 Jan 2020 at 15:00 UTC+2. For others, the next application period will be from 18 March 2020 to 1 April 2020.
- For our doctoral programmes, the next application periods are on 4–18 Feb 2020 and 1–15 April 2020.
- The next application period for the Pedagogical Studies in English (STEP Programme) is on 10 Feb 2020 – 6 March 2020.
- The joint application to the Bachelor’s and Master’s Programmes in Finnish and Swedish takes place from 18 March 2020 to 1 April 2020.
- If you are considering a student exchange at the University of Helsinki, you can find the application periods in the Instructions for students – For exchange and visiting students.
- The next Helsinki Summer School takes place on 4–20 August 2020. The applications will open in December 2019.
Visit our website daily for more of such information.