Deadline: March 30, 2022
What does the programme entail?
At the core of the AFRIKA KOMMT! programme is a one-year stay for the African professionals in Germany. During this time, the fellows actively work in their partner companies where they are trained and mentored. Other components organized by GIZ such as language courses, trainings and networking events supplement the learning experience.
- Professional and tailor-made selection process: The fellows of the programme are chosen in a comprehensive selection process that is implemented in close cooperation with the participating companies.
- Language and cultural integration for fellows: The programme begins with German language and cultural integration courses to prepare the fellows for their stay in Germany. The fellows also get an opportunity to visit cultural heritage sites within Germany.
- Management training for fellows: The fellows undergo three modules of intense management training where they advance their knowledge of modern global management practices.
- Professional fellowship in partner company: The young experts spend eight months with their partner companies and are engaged in projects and meaningful work experience.
- AFRIKA KOMMT! Network: The partner companies and the African professionals come together at various networking events, share expertise and drive common projects.
- Alumni phase: After their one-year stay in Germany, the fellows become knowledge and skill transfer ambassadors as alumni in their home countries. A one-week refresher course in Germany or in Africa advances the skill set of the alumni and fosters continued strengthening of the AFRIKA KOMMT! network.
To apply for the programme you must:
- Be a Citizen of any African country
- Have a University degree in a relevant subject
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Have two to five years work experience
- Have excellent English language skills
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Not be older than 35 years at the time of application
Further Selection Criteria
In addition to the above technical and educational requirements, you should also have the following skills and attributes:
Language and communication skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High willingness to learn German
- High leadership potential
- Strong self-motivation and self-starter mentality
- High level of dedication, commitment and target-orientation
- Strong capacity for teamwork
- High level of enthusiasm, flexibility and resilience
- Open mindset
- Outstanding intercultural competencies
- Ability to adapt to new environments quickly
- Ability to reflect own behaviour and bias
Visit the official website for further details and application: