NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: October 24, 2022
The call for applications for the 2023 Nest Artist Residency is open now!
The Nest Artist Residency is a structured 8-month program (November 2022 – June 2023), that seeks to deepen the relationship between local new generation artists and the broader artistic community.
The goal of this residency is rooted in process, with a focus on risk taking, mistake-making, embracing failure as a step toward greatness, and exploring new ways of artistic expression that starts by asking ‘what do you need?’
This is an opportunity for directors, playwrights, poets, musicians, designers, divisors, and creators of all kinds looking for the necessary space and mentorship to cultivate ideas into works that are provocative, innovative, and ambitious.
Residency in the Nest involves a public presentation at In the Soil Arts Festival 2023 to showcase the work-in-progress that each resident creates over an 8 month period. We encourage individuals, duos and collectives to apply to the residency. If you have an idea, we want to hear from you!
Taking place over eight months (November 2022 – June 2023), The Nest Residency will offer a select number of emerging artists an opportunity to develop a creative impulse throughout a series of in-person and on-line workshops, meetings and discussions. Suitcase in Point will work with each artist to connect them with a dream-mentor to help in the development of their work.
Throughout the eight months artists will be offered a series of artist-led workshops, forum discussions and facilitated group writing nights. (approx. 2 sessions / month)
Each artist will have the opportunity to show their work at In the Soil Arts Festival 2023, to share work and test ideas. This showcase could be in the form of a workshop presentation, reading, conversation, game – you name it – nothing is off limits.
This residency is rooted in process and not product, with the belief that each artist’s journey is never a straight line. Suitcase in Point wholeheartedly supports experimentation along the way.
Note: All in-person sessions will be in adherence with all public health guidelines.
- Professional development opportunities through one-on-one mentorship, arts-based workshops, monthly writing sessions and attendance at The Forum; a discussion series to inspire meaningful exchanges and harmonious debate.
- FREE use of The Green (Suitcase in Point’s studio space), to engage in a self-directed creation process of your choosing.
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals and other artists in the Nest
- Technical expertise, production, marketing and administrative support from SIP staff, in service of your artistic project
- Opportunity to share your work at In the Soil Arts Festival, presented by Suitcase in Point
- Applicants must self-identify as an emerging artist aged 21+
- Applicants must reside in the Niagara Region, unless they have accessible transportation (ie. A car or private jet) to the region.
- Applicants must be individual artists or collaborative duos/teams/small ensembles under the leadership of a single applicant.
- Only one application per artist or collective.
- Applicants may not apply as an individual AND be part of a simultaneous collective application.
- Applications may not apply as part of multiple collectives.
Visit the official website for details and application