Application Deadline: March 4, 2022
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip travel from student’s home city to host institution in the United States
- Accident and sickness coverage
- Tuition and mandatory university fees
- Room and board (housing and meals)
- A small allowance for incidentals
- A limited allowance for books
- A limited allowance for cultural enrichment activities
- Alumni networking opportunities
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an international student enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program.
- Be admitted for the program at an eligible institution of higher learning in the United States of America.
- Be willing to perform at least 20 hours of community service in their host community during their first semester.
- Demonstrate excellent academic and leadership abilities.
The scholarship provides opportunities for U.S. higher education institution to host international undergraduate students. This is because International students are known to bring wealth of ideas, knowledge, and experiences to host institutions. In addition to providing institutions with diverse perspectives, these students foster mutual understanding and respect, and help promote cultural exchange.