Curtin university Dubai offers multiple scholarship & financial aids for international students. Below listed are different types of scholarships at our Dubai campus
Merit-based applications will be assessed by a selection panel based on the information you have provided. Your application will be reviewed by the Campus’s Student Funding Committee. As the Education Management Services provider, Transnational Academic Group Middle East FZ LLC will have the final authority on all scholarships, bursaries, and tuition grants decisions.
If you are applying for a need-based bursary or tuition grant, the assessment is based on answers to questions in the application form relating to socio-economic status, income and living arrangements and additional circumstances that affect your ability to study.
As a beneficiary, you need to ensure you get the most out of your award. Each funding category has conditions in place that are outlined in your terms and conditions. These conditions will require you to maintain standards of academic performance, study load and general conduct.
You may be considered for funding if you study part-time. Financial need-based funding allow part-time study; however, most merit-based funding is only offered for students who are studying full-time (75 or 100 credits per semester).
Your enrolment and results will be checked each teaching period to ensure you are meeting the conditions of your funding category. You will be notified if you have not met the requirements of your funding category.
- Flexible payment plans are offered at the discretion of Transnational Academic Group Middle East FZ LLC.
- Students applying for a flexible payment plan must demonstrate the need for such plan through documentary or other evidence.
- A flexible payment plan enables the student to clear the trimester tuition in three (3) monthly instalments with the first instalment of 50% being paid immediately and the remaining two (2) instalments of 25% each paid through post-dated cheques.
- Flexible payment plans for a teaching period will not be extended beyond the applicable teaching period.
e. Flexible payment plans will not be offered to students with past outstanding tuitions.
- Students not clearing outstanding tuitions by the end of the teaching period will be placed on sanctions including but not limited to blocking academic results, withholding degree certificates/official transcripts and other encumbrances in line with the University’s policy.
- Your funding award is confidential and must not be discussed with other students. Failure to maintain
confidentiality will lead to cancellation of the funding.
- Two or more funding categories cannot be clubbed together.
- Scholarships, bursaries, and tuition grants are not transferable to any of Curtin’s other campuses.
- Beneficiaries must be in good standing in terms of all ethical, judicial, and academic norms.
- Beneficiaries, particularly those who are awarded merit-based funding, are encouraged to engage in the
Campus’s events and may be asked to represent the Campus as ambassadors from time to time. This helps build a feeling of community and position the student as an inspiration to younger and potential students of the University.