This scholarship is given to students in need with a preference given to a Brazilian or Nigerian Christian. In order to apply, you must submit a letter of recommendation from your pastor, missionary, or other Christian leader. The ISSS department awards this scholarship to a returning student.
Wardin, Albert & Lucile Scholarship
This scholarship is given to students in need with a good moral character with a preference given to Baptist and Christian students.The ISSS department awards this scholarship to a returning student.
Belmont offers a very limited number of merit scholarships to undergraduate student applicants. While all international undergraduate applicants submitting an SAT or ACT score are automatically considered for merit scholarships, the majority of international students at Belmont are full paying students. Learn more here about these awards. Graduate students should contact their program’s admission office, as merit scholarship opportunities vary by graduate school.
Need-Based Financial Assistance
Belmont University does not offer need-based financial assistance to international students. U.S. Government Federal Financial Aid is only available for U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
We’ve provided the resources below as a starting point for exploring opportunities to receive financial aid from external sources. We strongly advise international students to research the many available funding options, and to determine your ability to secure funding before applying to Belmont University.
- EduPass: Administered by FinAid.org, this website gives you financial information as well as general cultural information about studying in the United States.
- International Institute of Education (IIE): The International Institute of Education highlights fellowships, grants, and scholarships for international students, such as Fulbright awards.
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators: NAFSA provides funding opportunities and resources for international students, including grants and scholarships.
- International Education Financial Aid: This site lists over 1,000 scholarships, grants and awards for international students.
- International Student Loan Options: Available loan options that may or may not require a US co-signer.