- Any higher education institution (HEI) established in a Programme or Partner Country
- The applicant applies on behalf of a partnership of other HEIs or other education stakeholders who have designed and will deliver the integrated joint masters programme
Duration: 6 academic years, covering at least 4 editions of the masters programme
Grant per project: up to €5 million
EU scholarship for individuals: €1,400 per month (max. 24 months)
About Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters
Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters are high-level integrated study programmes at master level. The programmes are designed and delivered by an international partnership of higher education institutions from different countries worldwide. The partnership may also involve other educational and/or non-educational partners with specific expertise and interest in the area of study.
The EU provides funding for these programmes and for competitive scholarships, which the programmes offer to the best student applicants worldwide.
Activities and outcomes
- An EMJM is a jointly designed and fully integrated curriculum. At application stage EMJM proposals must present fully developed joint study programmes, ready to run and to be advertised worldwide after their selection.
- It is delivered by a partnership of at least 3 full partner higher education institutions from three different countries, of which at least two must be Programme Countries
- Duration of an EMJM programme: 1 to 2 academic years (60, 90 or 120 ECTS credits)
- The EMJM curriculum must include at least 2 study periods in 2 countries (different from the country of residence of students) of which at least one must be a Programme Country
- Type of degree awarded: either a joint degree (recommended) or multiple degrees