NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: October 6, 2022
The year-long program is intended to prepare and support a journalist of color for a solid career in investigative reporting. The program also provides an opportunity for the fellow’s news outlets to benefit from the fellow’s investigative skill-building. An underlying goal of the program is to increase the range of backgrounds, experiences and interests within the field of investigative journalism, where diverse perspectives are critically important. The fellowship is made possible by the generosity of IRE members and news organization sponsors.
Who is eligible?
- U.S. journalists of color who want to improve their investigative skills.
- Applicants should have at least three years of post-college work experience.
- Applicants should be currently working with a supportive news organization or working as an independent journalist.
- Applicants who can propose a well-developed project which would benefit from the training and mentoring the fellow would receive.
- Students are not eligible.
What would the fellow do?
The fellow would:
- Obtain employer support
- Create an investigative reporting project that benefits his/her community
- Attend an IRE boot camp
- Attend the NICAR conference
- Attend the IRE conference
- Receive IRE data services
- Receive a one-year IRE membership/renewal
- Initiate contact and work with a mentor network made up of IRE members
- Set up monthly video calls with his/her mentor network for one year, or until the project is complete, whichever comes first, to discuss the project’s progress
The fellow would be encouraged to do the following after the fellowship concludes:
- Serve as part of the mentor network
- Serve on fellowship selection committee
- Renew IRE membership
What does the fellowship provide?
- One-year IRE membership/renewal ($70 value)
- Complimentary bootcamp registration (up to $1,100 value)
- Bootcamp travel stipend ($1,000)
- Complimentary NICAR conference registration ($305 value)
- Complimentary NICAR conference hotel nights (up to 3 nights) ($720 value)
- NICAR conference travel stipend ($500)
- Complimentary IRE conference registration ($315 value)
- Complimentary IRE conference hotel nights (up to 3 nights) ($750 value)
- IRE conference travel stipend ($500)
- Complimentary IRE Data Services (up to 12 hours) ($1,200 value)