NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service that can help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Deadline: Ongoing and varies
The A*STAR International Fellowship (AIF) is a scholarship that will fund your post-doctoral training at leading research institutions or universities overseas, providing you with opportunities to expand your research experience and deepen your knowledge in your chosen field.
With the AIF, you will build a global network, gain international exposure as well as new perspectives. Upon completing your post-doctorate training, you will embark on an exciting career at one of the A*STAR research institutes of your choice.
Learn from the best minds in the global research community, establish an international network and take your research to the next level.
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals may apply but non-Singaporeans are required to have obtained Singapore citizenship prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
- Have completed a PhD within the last 4 years.
- Possess excellent publication records.
- Not have existing bonds to any institution.
- Have applied or be applying for a relevant post-doctoral position at a top overseas university/laboratory.
- Applicants in the final stages of their PhD may apply for the AIF. However, their AIF award is confirmed only upon conferment of their PhD degree.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Successful applicants will be given the following support for up to 2 years of overseas post-doctoral research training:
- Monthly overseas living allowance
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Annual return airfare
- Other allowances including
- Settling-in allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Annual personal insurance
Note: All rates/allowances vary according to country and university/lab, and are subject to A*STAR adjustments from time to time