NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: August 20, 2022
Who were are:
BEO and Sky’s new £1 million partnership is backing Black entrepreneurs to launch and grow their own businesses in the UK.
Future 100 provides investment and access to supply chains, backed up by expert business advice, coaching and mentoring, to break down the significant barriers faced by Black British entrepreneurs when setting up and growing their businesses.
The programme will also create a vital and tight-knit cohort of Black British entrepreneurs, with valuable, regular opportunities to network and share experiences, successes and challenges
This flagship programme’s focus on economic empowerment and equity of opportunity will reduce inequality and enable young Black entrepreneurs to thrive and succeed.
YOUNG, BLACK AND AMBITIOUS
BEO’s first official programme partner Sky will fully fund Future 100 for three years.
This is the first time a UK civil rights organisation and a corporate partner have set out to get behind Black business founders, in this way, supporting them to grow side-hustles into sustainable and long-lasting businesses.
The programme will help young Black entrepreneurs from all backgrounds whether they are in pre-seed, seed or growth phases.
FUTURE 100 – KEY GOALS
Increased and improved access to finance: More Black founders confidently scaling and diversifying their businesses.
Business growth: More jobs created, more Black businesses succeeding.
Female founders boost: Equity and better representation of Black female founders, reflected in an increase in women entrepreneurs participating and accessing finance through Future 100 or from other investors.
Supply chain involvement: Increased participation of Black-owned SMEs within Sky’s supply chain and the wider economy.
Policy changes and wider systemic impact: Codification of Future 100 leading to more, similar programmes and partnerships with corporates, and ultimately wider policy and systemic changes in the UK entrepreneurship landscape.
The programme is open to applicants between 18 and 30 years old of Black African, Black Caribbean, Black British and/or Mixed-race descent. You will need to be a UK resident.
Whether you have been working on an idea in your spare time, have a small side-hustle that is taking off or have the beginnings of a thriving business, the Future 100 Growth Fund can help.
Future 100 will:
- Offer funding of up to £15,000 for the most innovative new business ideas and exciting existing companies.
- Provide access for Black entrepreneurs to supply chains, connections and insights from a global business. Sky is actively diversifying its supply chains to create greater opportunities for Black businesses.
- Offer tailored 12-week programme of workshops and insights days with Sky executives and other market-leading experts
- Work with a network of mentors and community organisations to advise and assist new enterprises through direct financial support and products nurturing talent and innovation.
- Support Black founders and entrepreneurs with relevant knowledge and skills, as well as opportunities to meet influential people, prospective partners and funders.
- Generate much-needed research and data around what works in overcoming barriers faced by Black British entrepreneurs. Real examples of successes and challenges from Future 100 will be widely shared, encouraging investment by other corporates in future programmes.
ECONOMIC PROSPERITY AT THE HEART OF EQUITY
BEO’s partnership with Sky began in 2021. Future 100 is a key part of the media and entertainment company’s £30 million commitment to tackle structural inequality and make a difference in communities impacted by racism.
This programme, supporting the development of Black-owned and led businesses in the UK, recognises that economic prosperity and wealth creation is at the heart of Black equity.
Visit official webpage for details and application