NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service that can help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Deadline: May 10, 2022.
The aim of the Ulam Programme is to increase the internationalisation of Polish institutions of science and higher education. The Programme will allow both recognised and promising scientists who hold at least a doctoral degree, to visit Poland for 6 to 24 months in order to strengthen the scientific potential of Polish entities and to participate in their scientific activities, primarily research projects and didactics. The Programme will allow to invite scientists regardless of their age, from all around the world and representing all fields of science, including Polish citizens working permanently abroad (they may constitute a maximum of 10% of Fellows in the call). HEIs, scientific and research institutes will have the opportunity to invite specialists from their priority areas to Poland – they will make a significant contribution to the research conducted by a given institution, strengthen didactics or support the institution in applying for prestigious grants.
The Programme provides financing for a Scholarship that covers the Fellow’s living allowance of PLN 10,000 a month, along with a mobility allowance. The amount of the Scholarship may be increased if the visit includes the Fellow’s spouse or minor children, and in the case of the Fellow with severe or moderate disability – his/her Personal assistant. Additionally, the Scholarship may be increased by PLN 5,000, if the Fellow declares participation in a Polish language course.
The calculation of the Scholarship shall take into account:
1) living allowance in the amount of PLN 10,000 monthly for each full month of stay of the Fellow at the Host institution. The length of the stay shall be specified in the application, giving the number of full months of the stay, the stay starting from the first day of the month. The amount of the living allowance of the Fellow may be increased if his/her spouse participates in the visit – by PLN 2,000 monthly, unless the spouse undertakes employment in the course of the Scholarship (which means employment both under a contract of employment and under a civil law agreement). This amount may also be increased if the Fellow is accompanied by underage children – by PLN 1,000 monthly for each underage child.
2) one-off mobility allowance in the amount of:
a) PLN 7,000 in the case of visits from European countries, if only the Fellow is participating in the visit and an additional PLN 2,000 for each person, if the scientist is accompanied by the spouse or underage children of the Fellow;
b) PLN 12,000 in the case of visits from non-European countries, if only the Fellow is participating in the visit and an additional PLN 5,000 for each person, if the scientist is accompanied by the spouse or underage children of the Fellow.
3) financing the costs of training – costs of learning Polish in the case of applicants who are not of Polish origin in the form of a one-off training allowance at maximum PLN 5,000. Polish language learning should take place in the institution with the NAWA Accreditation.
If in the Host institution, where the Fellow holder implements the Project, there is no accredited unit, the Polish language course should be conducted as part of university courses.
2. Financing of the visit of the family members shall be possible only if their stay lasts at least 3 months.
3. Insurance costs and cost of a visa, if required, shall be borne by the Fellow.
4. The Scholarship amount may be increased only if during the stay or before its commencement the Fellow will have a new child which will participate in the visit of the Fellow. Such situations will be considered by the Director individually, depending on the financial resources available.
5. If the Fellow has a certificate of severe or moderate disability, and is not accompanied by his/her spouse during the visit, but by a Personal assistant, the amounts referred to in 1(1) and (2) may be increased, under such conditions as if the spouse participated in the visit.
6. Pursuant to Article 21(1)(39a) of the Act of 26 July 1991 on personal income tax (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2019, item 1387, as amended) Scholarships and other funds referred to in Article 18(2)(1) of the Act on NAWA are free from income tax.
The programme does not provide any financial resources for the institution (indirect money) or for any research (e.g. materials, reagents or conferences). Such costs should be covered from other sources.
Visit Official Link and Apply Here: