NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: Ongoing.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and to sustainable development. The applicants should have a clear idea of how their education will contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries and regions. In 2023 the Swedish Institute will grant about 350 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
The scholarship is intended for full-time, one- or two-year master’s programme, and is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The Swedish Institute open the call for applications once every year for master’s studies beginning in the autumn semester. In order to have a successful application, make sure to be eligible, complete all steps of the process, and that you have the documentation required to finalise your application in time. Please read through the following pages carefully.
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 11,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Travel Grant. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For scholars from Bangladesh, Bolivia; Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia or Zimbabwe – the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period.
- For scholars from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 11,000 for the entire study period.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
The scholarship does not:
- Provide additional grants for family members.
- Cover the application fee to University Admissions.
- Allow changes to the study programme. We are only able to support you through the awarded master’s programme.
- Allow extensions or changes to the awarded scholarship period.
You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships. However, you do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application.
You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 30 of March 2023.
You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience. In addition, you must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employer, or from civil society engagement.
The master’s programmes you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
Your are not eligible if…
Regardless of all the eligibility criteria listed above, you are not eligible for the SI Scholarships for Global Professionals if you:
- have already resided in Sweden for cumulatively two years or more, prior to the scholarship period (starting August 2023);
- have previously been awarded a Swedish Institute scholarship for master’s level studies or research at a Swedish university/university college. Previous participants of the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP), and students who have attended SI summer courses in the Swedish language or the Swedish Institute Summer University (SISU) may still apply;
- already hold a degree from a Swedish university/university college;
- are currently enrolled in a study programme at a Swedish university/university college;
- have a Swedish or EU/EEA citizenship*, a Swedish permanent residence permit or a temporary work- and residence permit based on work or on family ties with a citizen of Sweden/EU/EEA country who has a temporary or permanent right of residence in Sweden; or
- have dual citizenship in countries not listed on the DAC list of ODA recipients 2022-2023.
*Exception: students with dual citizenship in Romania may apply for a scholarship even though they are EU citizens, and must state the citizenship that is eligible for the scholarship when applying to both SI as well as University Admissions.
About 700 master’s programmes taught in English starting in the autumn semester 2023 are eligible for an SI scholarship. It is up to you to motivate in your scholarship application if/how your chosen programmes are related to the prioritised subject areas. You’ll find the list of eligible master programmes for the SISGP call for application academic year 2023/2024 here.