NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023.
Each summer DESY offers undergraduate students in physics or related natural science disciplines the possibility to participate in the research activities of the laboratory. In 2023 the program takes place from July 18 to September 7.
Selected candidates join in the day-to-day work of research groups at the DESY Laboratory in Hamburg or Zeuthen (Berlin) and participate in one of these activities. While the work in the groups is the main activity, there will also be a series of lectures (given in English) related to the research done at DESY. Visits to the accelerators and experiments are also included in this program. Summer students are expected to work 39 hours per week (including project work and lectures).
- You will receive a salary of about 1200 Euros/month
- Partial travel reimbursement
- Possibility to stay in the DESY Hostel (at reduced rates) during the full program period.
- Applicants should have completed, by the summer of 2023, at least three years of full-time studies at university level in physics, related natural science disciplines or computing.
- Please take note that large majority of projects we offer is for physics students.
The main target audiences are students who in summer 2023 are at the following two stages:
– they are about to obtain their Bachelor degree.
– they have a Bachelor degree and are within their Master degree studies.
Applicants who already obtained a master-degree or will obtain it by summer 2023 are not accepted.
- Applicants should not have previously been at DESY as a Summer Student.
- Please take note that due to regulations for paid traineeships in Germany we can only accept students that are enrolled at their university for the whole period of the Summer Student Program.
Please take note that all applicants should have a good working knowledge of English and some basic computing skills. The students are expected to participate during the full period of the 2023 program, from July 18 until September 7, 2023.