The 2023 DIW Berlin fully funded PhD Scholarship in Berlin, Germany is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programme(s) in the field of Economics, Business studies taught at German Institute for Economic Research . DIW Berlin PhD Scholarship is a five years program which is fully funded, there will be no tuition fee through out the program. Its a great opportunity for graduate students who want to take their research to next level while exploring Berlin, which is an exciting city. DIW Berlin also known as the German Institute for Economic Research is one of the leading economic research institute in Germany. It offers a top-class economical doctoral programs in Berlin. The DIW GC cooperates with the Berlin universities and thus offers its students a very broad research community.
DIW Berlin fully funded PhD Scholarship (5 Years) starting 2023 in Berlin, Germany is available to undertake PhD level programs at German Institute for Economic Research.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Business studies
There are no tuition fees. PhD students will receive funding for the expected length of the program – five years. For the course phase, a stipend of 1,450 Euro per month is provided; funding during the research phase is normally provided through employment at one of the DIW’s research departments. Funding for the research phase is conditional on having fulfilled the Performance Criteria.
We recommend students to enroll at one of Berlin’s universities, as this allows access to public transportation at no additional cost and ensures student health insurance. Note that the universities charge a semester fee of approximately 280 – 315 Euro per semester.
This scholarship is open to international students.
- Applicants should have a Master’s in Economics or Business Studies and have performed exceptionally well in their studies. Applicants from related fields (such as Industrial Engineering, Statistics, or quantitative social sciences) may also fulfill the admission requirements if they have a sufficient background in Economics or Business Studies.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for the program if they also apply for a Master’s program offering a fast track option.
- Applicants are asked to provide GRE General Test scores with their application. Providing GRE General Test scores is highly recommended but not mandatory. In addition, please note that the minimum scores in the GRE General Test above which applicants are admitted to the program depend on the score level of all applicants in the respective year. Therefore, we do not specify a minimum score that must be achieved.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency, unless they hold a degree from a university in an English-speaking country or can document at least one year of studies at an English-speaking university. Sufficient evidence for a good command of English is a high score in the “Test of English as a Foreign Language” (TOEFL) or the “International English Language Testing System” (IELTS). As a rule of thumb, successful applicants will score at or above 7.0 (IELTS) or 95 (Internet-based TOEFL).
- Knowledge of German is not a necessary requirement for a successful application, but students are encouraged to learn and improve their skills. In addition, evidence of creativity and inclination toward research will be taken into consideration. Please note that it is not necessary to find a supervisor before applying to the DIW Graduate Center.
- Start of the next application period (intake 2023): November 14, 2022
- Please note that applications may only be sent during the application period via our application portal (the link to the portal is available only during application period). Applications received by e-mail outside this application period will not be considered.
Visit the official website for details and application