NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: April 21, 2023
Applications for the 2023 GNI Student Fellowship are now open. The 5th edition of the GNI Student Fellowship aims to boost equal opportunities in media.
The GNI Student Fellowship is a programme managed by the European Journalism Centre in partnership with the Google News Initiative. It is aimed at students and recent graduates who can apply to become Student Fellows at one of the participating newsrooms. Selected Student Fellows will work at one of the newsrooms for eight weeks during the summer of 2023 and will be compensated for their work.
The programme has been developed to support the next generation of media professionals in Europe and to drive innovation across the news industry. This is a unique opportunity that can help you to kick-start a career in the news industry. We are offering 20 placements across 9 European countries: Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, France, United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy and Poland.
Your application will only be processed if you meet all the criteria mentioned below:
You are 18 years or older.
- You are enrolled in or recently graduated (in 2020, 2021 or 2022) from an accredited education programme. This includes:
Master, Ph.D. or bachelor students/graduates
Students/graduates pursuing or in possession of a technical certificate.
Students/graduates pursuing or in possession of a professional certificate.
Students/graduates of another accredited form of education in a relevant field, such as an apprenticeship or vocational training.
You are from the country where the newsroom is based OR you are living and/or studying in the country where the newsroom is based. Students enrolled in Austria, Germany or Switzerland can apply for any of the newsrooms based in these three countries.
You are legally allowed to work full-time in the country where the newsroom is based.
We accept both full-time and part-time students.
- By applying, you get the chance to become a Student Fellow in 2023! If you are selected, you will get the unique opportunity to learn what it is like to work for a European newsroom.
- Student Fellows are paid by their newsroom for eight weeks of full-time work. The minimum amount will be €2,500; the exact amount will be at the discretion of the newsroom.
- Student Fellows will attend useful workshops and enjoy network opportunities during the kick-off bootcamp. This bootcamp will prepare you to make the most out of your Fellowship.
- The European Journalism Centre will check in with all the Student Fellows during the Fellowship to provide them with guidance, training, and advice and touch base on progress and needs during the Fellowship.