NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2023
Are you a successful social media influencer familiar with Francophone Africa? Do you produce engaging and short video, audio or text content for large audiences? Are you willing to explore and engage with new audiences?
If so, consider applying for the position of Social Media Global Fellow.
The Social Media Global Fellow is a six to eight month paid fellowship. For this round, we focus on Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa. The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Coming up with creative ways to engage young people in Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa on Global Voices core mission, issues and stories
- Summarizing Global Voices stories and projects in short, creative formats, including video, illustration, or other approaches
- Producing online event and themed media, including video
- Developing a following among young people in Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa
- Participating in regular online coordination meetings in English
- Have a track record of producing short videos or other creative content and messaging over different social media platforms in any language
- Have strong communication skills in French
- Be able to work under deadlines
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to Global Voices’ mission and values
Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of other languages beside English and French.
Global Voices is a global, virtual organization. The engine of the Global Voices newsroom is a team of part-time editors who work with volunteer contributors and translators around the world to highlight stories and perspectives that are underrepresented in international mainstream media.
There is no geographic requirement associated with these positions. Global Voices has no office or physical headquarters. Candidates must be comfortable setting their own schedules and working in a wholly virtual environment.
We strongly welcome candidates currently contributing to the Global Voices project to apply.
The position is part-time and will be treated as a freelance contract.