NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: March 12, 2023
The Ida B. Wells Fellowship, founded in 2016, promotes diversity in journalism by helping to create a pipeline of investigative reporters who come from underrepresented backgrounds, and bring those experiences, perspectives, and interests to their work.
Type Investigations holds an annual competition in the spring to select the fellows, who will be expected to publish or air their findings in a U.S. media outlet within one year of the start of the fellowship. The Ida B. Wells Fellowship is a one-time educational opportunity and is non-renewable.
- Open to journalist in the USA. Journalists of color are strongly encouraged to apply, as are other reporters who believe their presence would contribute substantially to diversifying investigative reporting in other ways.
- You must apply with an investigative story proposal. While the proposal can focus on a story you’ve worked on (in fact, you should have done basic research and understand the issues at play relating to the story you want to tell), we won’t accept proposals for which most of the reporting and writing has been completed.
- Provide a $25,000 award and intensive mentoring from dedicated editors at Type Investigations.
- Fellows will also receive funds to cover travel and other reporting costs, and the costs associated with attending the annual Investigative Reporters and Editors conference, as well as an online data reporting boot camp.
- Enjoy access to research resources, legal assistance, and assistance with story placement and publicity.