NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: June 20, 2023
Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), Japan invites applications for Post Doctoral Fellowships in Japan for international students all around the world. Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.Post Doctoral Fellowships in Japan by Matsumae International Foundation.
The Matsumae International Foundation aims to develop the future by contributing to global friendship and goodwill through our enterprise which leaves “people” connecting Japan with the rest of the world.
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents.
- Applicants must obtain a Letter of Invitation from host institutions in Japan.
- Applicants must hold a PH.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academic qualifications.
- Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when documents are submitted.
- Applicants must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages.
- Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan. (Except for short-term stay. E.g. sightseeing, conferences)
- Applicants should be in employment in their home countries and must return to their countries upon completion of their MIF fellowship tenure.
Field of Study:
The research field of under MIF Fellowship:
- Natural science
(are given first priority. But other Majors holder’s also can apply)
Applicants indicate the period of Fellowship with the length of stay needed for the Research Project between 3 to 6 months, and commencing month and ending month between April and March.
Number of Fellowship:
The number of fellowships is about 10 each year.
- Allowance for research and stay (¥220,000- per month is provided for the purpose of tuition payment, expenses for research materials, and miscellaneous living expenses)
- Air transportation
- Start-up Fund upon arrival ( ¥120,000- is provided to cover the initial costs to start new research stay in Japan)