NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: January 16, 2023
Launched in 2018, the Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) initiative has met with worldwide enthusiasm, generating expressions of interest from a large number of highly qualified students and researchers.
France, as a major player in the fight against climate change and guarantor of the spirit of the Paris Agreement, is launching a new MOPGA visiting fellowship program geared towards strengthening scientific contributions to climate change issues raised by the COPs.
This sixth Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) call for applications is intended to welcome 40 young researchers wishing to carry out their research in France. The program is funded by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, in collaboration with the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research, and implemented by Campus France.
The MOPGA 2023 Visiting Fellowship Program for Young Researchers will support researchers working on topics listed in the “Research Themes” section.
- Research Project Title
- Keywords (6)
- Abstract of the Research Project (2,000 char. max.)
- Context and Motivation (2,000 char. max.)
- Scientific Objectives (2,000 char. max.)
- Methodology and Timeline (4,500 char. max.)
- Project position in relation to the MOPGA scientific domain (2,000 char. max.)
- Collaborations and / or impacts for the candidate’s country of residence in relation to the research project proposal (2,000 characters max.)
Five broad research themes are eligible:
- Earth systems
- Climate change and sustainability
- Energy transition
- Societal challenges of environmental issues
- Human, animal and ecosystem health as part as a “One Health” approach.
- Foreign researchers holding a doctoral degree for less than 5 years
- No nationality restrictions (except France)
- Foreign researchers who have not resided in France after September 1st 2022 (for more than 90 days)
40 fellowships will be awarded for a 12-month period from September 2023.
This fellowship includes the following benefits :
- Monthly allowance of 2,500 euros
- Moving allowance of 500 euros
- Support for social security coverage
- Support for health insurance
In line with the ambitions and requirements of this call for applications, the selection process will unfold in two phases. In the first phase, scientific experts in each relevant field will evaluate the applications. In the second phase, an international committee will select the 40 final fellows for the MOPGA 2023 program.