NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: December 01, 2022
The Department of Communication and Culture at the Norwegian Business School is pleased to announce two four-year PhD positions. We welcome applications from candidates with a strong background in business studies or the social sciences, and a specific interest in doing research on communication. Depending on their specific interests accepted candidates will enroll in one of the following Ph.D. specializations: ‘Leadership and Organisation’, ‘Strategy and Entrepreneurship’, or ‘Marketing’. The four-year program at BI is designed for talented students who wish to pursue an international career within academia and who can contribute to the international arena with their research and publications.
The Department of Communication and Culture, where the candidate will be based, is currently home to about 52 faculty. The Department is highly international in its faculty composition as well as its ongoing research and industry collaborations. The department hosts research groups within Internet and Society, Corporate Communication, Creative Industries and Education. Ongoing research in the department is for instance concerned with online organizing and communities, the roles of communication technologies in shaping digital work and work culture, social legitimacy of technological transformations, the role of the arts in the digital transformation, the structural changes of the creative industries, and innovation in education management. We are looking for candidates who want to contribute to one of these research streams, or more broadly to the field of communication research.
The members of the department regularly publish on such issues in the field’s top journals, including among others New Media & Society, Information, Communication & Society, Journal of Management Information Systems, Technology in Society, Science and Engineering Ethics, Big Data & Society, the Information Society, Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology (JASIST), Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management, Human Relations, Journal of Management Studies, Business Ethics Quarterly, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Arts Management, Law, and Society, Computers in Human Behavior, Telematics and Informatics, and the International Journal of Information Management.
- Must have completed a Master of Science degree with thesis work, research masters/M.Phil. degree, or a comparable degree relevant for research in communication science by the early autumn of 2023, with a grade point average of B or higher.
- Final year Master of Science students are also encouraged to apply.
- An MBA degree does not fulfill the requirements for admission.
- Accepted applicants will be offered close supervision by experienced scholars and follow-up by the other scholars at the department.
- The four-year scholarship currently pays NOK 523.000,- annually (this amount will be increased after 2022 salary adjustments).
- The position gives automatic access to BI’s pension scheme.
- The scholarships require 25% of the teaching responsibilities of a full-time tenured position. Ph.D. candidates will have their place of work at BI Norwegian Business School in Oslo, Norway.