NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023.
Applicants of all nationalities and backgrounds are welcome, as long as their concepts, projects and initiatives are implemented in the EU or in the Western Balkans, and if they fulfill the eligibility criteria described in the Guide to Applicants below.
What are the Prizes about?
The Prizes recognise and reward existing projects and young people’s concepts, which demonstrate that the sustainable solutions promoted by the European Green Deal can also be inclusive and beautiful, bringing high-quality experiences to people’s everyday lives.
The Prizes will be awarded in four thematic categories (for detailed descriptions, see the Guide to Applicants):
- Reconnecting with nature
- Regaining a sense of belonging
- Prioritising the places and people that need it the most
- The need for long-term, life-cycle thinking in the industrial ecosystem.
In each of the four categories, there are three parallel competition strands
- Strand A: “New European Bauhaus Champions”, devoted to existing and completed projects with clear and positive results.
- Strand B: “New European Bauhaus Rising Stars”, dedicated to concepts submitted by young talents aged 30 or less. The concepts can be at different stages of development, from ideas with a clear plan to the prototype level.
- Strand C: “New European Bauhaus Education Champions”, devoted to initiatives focusing on education and learning. Both completed projects, as well as initiatives with a minimum level of maturity are eligible (see the Guide to Applicants for details).
There will be 15 prizes in total. The jury will select 12 winners (one winner for each category in each strand). Three winners will be selected through an open public voting (one winner per strand).
All winners will receive a monetary prize:
- EUR 30,000 for winners of the New European Bauhaus Champions (Strand A) and New European Bauhaus Education Champions (Strand C),
- EUR 15,000 for winners of the New European Bauhaus Rising Stars (Strand B).
All finalists will be invited to Brussels to participate in the award ceremony, and will benefit from a communication package provided by the Commission in order to support the promotion of their project.
All applicants for the New European Bauhaus Prizes must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants can be EU or non-EU residents, as long as their projects are
implemented in the EU or in the Western Balkans.
2. Special rules apply for certain entities (e.g. entities subject to EU restricted
measures under Article 29 of the Treaty on the European Union (TEU) and Article
215 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the EU (TFEU)13 and entities covered by
Commission Guidelines No 2013/C 205/054 ). Such entities are not eligible to
participate in any capacity.
3. The application must be submitted by:
a) In strand A: the individual(s) or the organisation(s) (city or region, funder,
organiser) who is/are entitled to represent the project.
b) In strand B: the individual or group of individuals who would be the author of
the concept. All applicants in this strand must be aged 30 or less on the final
day of call for applications. The application can also be submitted by an
organisation, as long as all representatives of this organisation involved in the
creation of the given concept are under 30 years old.
c) In strand C: the individual(s) or organisation(s) who would be the author or a
representative of the initiative.
4. The applicant should not be in one or more of the exclusion situations foreseen
under Article 136 of the Financial Regulation5
5. The applicant will assume sole liability in the event of a claim relating to the
activities carried out in the framework of the contest;
6. The name of the legal representative must be indicated