NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: October 12, 2022.
About the Bursar:
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB-SAWBP) PhD Fellowship Scheme, in partnership with the South African Department of Science and Innovation and the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research will support South African women researchers intending to study towards a PhD degree in Biotechnology at the ICGEB Cape Town Component. The ICGEB-SAWBP programme promotes the interaction and mobility of South African women Biotechnology researchers and the ICGEB community, including mobility support to visit other ICGEB Components in Trieste, Italy and New Delhi, India.
- Open to South African women researchers intending to study towards a PhD in Biotechnology
- Proposed research projects must be innovative and fall within one of the ICGEB Cape Town Component macro areas of research, namely: Infectious Diseases, Non-Communicable Diseases, Bioinformatics, Plant Systems Biology and Virology. CSIR may also provide opportunities for co-supervision.
The Fellowships comprise a very attractive package:
- Three-year PhD Fellowship
- Tuition and stipend
- Applying the latest techniques and methodologies to the applicant’s chosen research topic
- Opportunities for mentoring, peer-to-peer learning and complementary skills
- Immersion in a top class international scientific research environment