NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: Open.
DSLDP Intern duties will vary based on the specific assignment, within one of our research groups, including:
• Bond & Specialty Insurance
• Business Insurance Research & Development
• Claim Business Intelligence & Analytics
• Personal Insurance Research & Development
• Other departments, including Artificial Intelligence and Emerging Technologies
• Providing recommendations on projects that deal with data science-related concepts
• Designing and building statistical models, and analyses at the right level of complexity to produce relevant results for the business
• Validate, manipulate and perform data analysis tasks
• Provide qualitative and quantitative data support to ensure accuracy of metrics
• Obtained Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Actuarial Science, or a related analytical STEM field.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States now and in the future. Education,
Work Experience, & Knowledge:
• Pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D. level degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or Data Science.
• Applied statistical knowledge and experience solving “real-world” problems.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Experience with a programming language (Python, R, SAS, etc). Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
• Accountability: Strong track record of taking ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance, and results.
• Analytical and Critical Thinking: Demonstrated aptitude in identifying current or future problems or opportunities, analyzing data, synthesizing and comparing information to understand issues, identifying cause/effect relationships, and exploring alternative solutions to support sound decision-making.
• Change Management/Resilience: Ability to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change, or strenuous demands.
• Customer Focus: Proven customer service skills with the ability to provide service excellence to internal or external clients.
Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrated track record of self and social awareness, empathy, and balances confidence with humility.
• Interpersonal: Excellent communication skills with the ability to actively engage with others while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Judgment/Decision Making: Capability of exercising sound judgment, making decisions, and committing to a position.
• Leveraging Differences: Proven capacity to work with and include people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, races, etc., and view those differences as assets to be leveraged to accomplish business goals and objectives.
• Relationship Management: Strong relationship management skills including the ability to seek out, build, foster, and maintain productive relationships, networks, or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
• Teamwork: Ability to work together in situations when actions are interdependent, and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
• Work Ethic: Possession of a strong drive to do what it takes to get the job done; inquisitive and demonstrates a strong willingness to learn.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employers. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
To apply, click here.