NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022.
The Merge data challenge:
The Merge is coming, providing a more secure and sustainable home for Ethereum—as well as more data, lots and lots of data. And the Ethereum community needs your help to make sense of it all.
What new visualizations help provide insight into proof-of-stake Ethereum?
How do the consensus layer and execution layer interact? Are there differences across client pairs in communication patterns, efficiency, etc? Are there good places to optimize?
What, if anything, changed on the network at the point of The Merge—block propagation times, p2p connections, transaction mempool performance, etc?
Did The Merge affect core Beacon Chain activity—attestation performance, blocks missed, sync committees?
Did user activity noticeably change after the Merge? What about MEV?
What new tools can you build to collect and analyze data in the post-Merge network?
Document your best Merge data insights in the most readable blog post possible—for prizes!
The Ethereum Foundation is running this challenge because there’s a lot to learn and discover from the Merge mainnet activity. Your findings will give the Ethereum community – from beginners to researchers and client developers – important insight into the Merge.
Up to USD $30,000
Entries must be considered sufficiently impactful/insightful by the community judging team to be eligible for rewards.
- Blog post must be in English
- There are no length requirements
- Blog posts must be public and original
- Data analysis or visualization must concern Merge network data
- Tools and scripts used (and created) must be free and open source and referenced in the blog post
Surprise us with your creativity! But here are some judging criteria considerations:
- Overall quality and clarity of data analysis or data visualization
- Quality of insights into the Merge, clients, and Ethereum in general
- Insights that lead to substantive changes/improvements in client implementations or specifications
- Analyses or visualizations that help a non-technical audience gain insight into the network
- Quality of contribution to the Ethereum tooling ecosystem (if applicable)