NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service with a team of highly experienced professionals to help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Application Deadline: November 20, 2022
About the course:
The concept of the Metaverse is both relatively new and ambiguous. In many ways it presents a future of a seamless convergence of our physical and digital lives, creating a unified, virtual community where we can work, play, relax, transact and socialize. The metaverse is still early in its evolution, and there is no singular, all-encompassing definition to which people can turn.
The importance of being included in a market that will likely infiltrate every sector in some way in the coming years, with the market opportunity estimated at over $1 trillion in yearly revenues, can hardly be understated. Henceforth, we must ensure inclusivity is the starting point and not an afterthought of the Metaverse.
The Metaverse Program has a goal to celebrate diversity and educate talented designers and architects from African countries through workshops and lectures on Metaverse Design Thinking and provide them with a sustainable network of professionals in order to bridge the knowledge gap between Western and African countries and allow them to be participants in a competitive global market.
This program is initiated by Rudolf Romero (1984). Romero studied Artificial Intelligence in Utrecht. He graduated in 2012 from Cum Laude from Artez Art Academy. He is shortlisted for many national and international awards and is the winner of the Poortersprize (Arnhem), winner of the Photostudium Prize (Cologne), short listed for the New Material Award (Eindhoven) and recipient of a Starstipend provided by the Mondrian Fund and Prins Bernhard Foundation Scholarship. Romero graduated from the renowned MA sculpture course at the Royal College of Art in London in 2017 and was selected best of graduates in the UK.
In 2015 Rudolf Romero founded research and development company 01X, a consultancy and software development platform with a strong focus on emerging technology and Metaverse projects.
• You will be assessed on the basis of your active participation in the Research lab meetings, and the execution of the making, doing and discussion exercises that you receive in class and beyond.
• On the basis of the assignments, you demonstrate that you have mastered the (create/research/think/professional) techniques at a beginner’s level, that you can use them.
• In the (penultimate) last meeting you will indicate by means of a short individual/duo presentation how you will translate the acquired knowledge and skills into your own work process.
The Professional Certificate Program from African Youth Architects Research Lab and 01X enabling you to:
• Learn in-person from renowned educators and leading professionals.
• Network with an accomplished group of peers from around the globe.
• Receive a complimentary one-year subscription to AYA education Review upon completion of the program.
• Updates on education research, new programs, and AYA initiatives via our newsletter
• Your studies will also provide you with the opportunity to critically reflect on your current position and prepare you for a changing Africa’s education context. There will be opportunities to creatively plan and develop global networks to support you with your continued career development beyond this program.
Who Should Attend:
• Is profoundly interested in Metaverse Design and Blockchain technology.
• Be an African who holds a bachelor’s degree (at a minimum).
• Current undergraduate student studying art, design or architecture.
• College students who want to learn from AYA Research Lab and organization experts.
• Art, design, or architecture teaching position in a higher education institution.
All applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language or French and are required to provide evidence of this and be able to access the internet during the course period.